Supervised School Suspension
955 Garefiled Street - Use the North Entrance. Phone: 525-8822 (in district 50513)
- School administrators may use the program for 7th through 12th grade students suspended from school for a period of 1-5 days. Only administrators have authority to refer a student . Placement should be reserved and space availability confirmed with Heidi Malan via email or phone prior to student's arrival. Completed referral form should be signed and emailed before student is expected to arrive. Forms are available on Outlook.
- Students who attend Supervised Suspension are not marked absent, but are counted present for ADA purposes. Attendance Clerk and referring administrator will be notified of SSS attendance.
- Referring administrator designates adult (usually parent/guardian) to bring referred student in to Supervised Suspension at 8am, and to pick up student at 2pm. Designated adults must come in to building with arriving students and for departing students. If a student is not signed out by 2:05pm, and designated adult cannot be contacted, referring administrator will be contacted to arrange transportation for student. Student does not act as own designated adult.
- Each student is expected to bring assignments to occupy the full day, along with texts and materials required to complete assignments. Students do not have computer, internet, or library access. Students are expected to work on school assignments from the time of arrival until all assignments are completed, then to read books until designated adult comes to pick student up.
- All assignment/text/supplies transport will be responsibility of referred student.
- Students may not leave room without designated responsible adult. They should either bring a lunch or order meals (see referral form) before arrival.
- No nurse is assigned to Compass. Students requiring medical attention should not be referred.
- If two or more students are referred for fighting or other cooperative misbehavior, the referring administrator should consider assigning said students to come different days.
- Students assigned one-on-one aides or school companions are expected to be accompanied by said aide or companion.
- Referring administrator, parent, and student should read, understand, and agree to Classroom Rules prior to assignment. Variance from posted guidelines must be approved in advance by Matt Bertasso, Trina Caudle, or George Boland.