Participants will explore research-based practices and cross-curricular applications along with specific STEM content provided by experts. The format of the institutes will be a combination of:
• Modeling best-practices around STEM curriculum including hands-on, project-based, inquiry-based, and design-based instruction, and pedagogy;
• Plenary sessions, with nationally recognized keynote speakers;
• 21st century skill-based curriculum and pedagogy;
• Leadership strategies;
• 20 hours of interactive curriculum and instruction linked to Idaho/National STEM education learning standards;
• Continuing education credit opportunities will be made available for individuals attending the 2015 i-STEM summer institutes.
2015 i-STEM summer institutes are supported in part by an Idaho State Department of Education Math Science Partnership grant and a variety of i-STEM business and industry partners. All participants will receive free tuition for continuing education credits, tools, resources, curriculum, a technology device, and material kits for use in your classroom or school, along with meals and connections to STEM Content experts. Please note we have fully adopted a “Place Based” model for the 2015 i-STEM summer institutes and participants are expected to attend the institute in or near their respective region. This change allows for greater local teacher participation, as we have now opened 6 institutes across the state.
|Eastern Idaho Technical College||6/16/2015||8:00am to 4:00pm||EITC, Idaho Falls||TBD|
|Eastern Idaho Technical College||6/17/2015||8:00am to 4:00pm||EITC, Idaho Falls||TBD|
|Eastern Idaho Technical College||6/18/2015||8:00am to 4:00pm||EITC, Idaho Falls||TBD|
|Eastern Idaho Technical College||6/19/2015||8:00am to 4:00pm||EITC, Idaho Falls||TBD|
- Max No. Participants:
- Credit Offered:
- Credit Offered From:
- See instructor
- Cost Per Credit:
- Credit Requirements:
- See instructor. A non-refundable registration fee of $30 will be assessed during the registration process to secure one of the limited spots available. All participants will receive free tuition for continuing education credits. Additional credit may also be purchased.
- Targeted Audience:
- All Teachers, STEM Teachers
- Special Instructions:
- Please see the i-STEM Registration Login page at https://secure.inl.gov/istem/default.aspx for registration instructions and more information.