It is getting cold outside. Our doors do open at 7:45 each morning. The students can come in where it is warm and get some breakfast before school.
Please make sure that your students are wearing a mask to school each day. The office is able to give them a mask if they have forgotten them. Our supply is limited so if your student forgets repeatedly, we will ask them to call home for a parent to supply them one.
We are seeing excessive numbers of students who are forgetting their chromebooks and chargers at home. Please speak with your students and encourage them to pack both items daily.
Water Bottle challenge results:
Mrs. Dixon – 8th grade winner
Mr.Kohn – 7th grade winner
2nd chance winner”
Each of these advisory classes picked a pizza party. Great job to everyone!
Tissue no issue update:
Thanks to all of the donations that we received. Here are the numbers of donation:
850 plastic cups
36 Clorox wipe containers
38 bottle of hand sanitizer
300 bottles of water
32 new water bottles
348 boxes of Kleenex
The advisory winners were Ms. Lane – 8th grade and Ms. Eckman 7th grade. Both classes were awarded with Baker’s Dozen Donuts.
Thank you all again!
News from the district office:
We understand D91 families are facing any number of challenges these days. The district is striving to support our students, families and staff, and we wanted to highlight some programs and services that may provide comfort and relief.
- Idaho Strong: The state has established a COVID Help Now Hotline to provide Idahoans help with everything from coping strategies and stress reducers, to emotional support, to community resources that can address immediate crisis needs. Learn more at: https://ioem.idaho.gov/covidhelpnow/ or call or Text (986) 867-1073.
- Smart Kids, Healthy Families: Through its long-time partnership with Eastern Idaho Regional Medical Center, D91 is pleased to continue its series of free mental health workshops, but we’re taking them virtual. Please join Brett Nelson, a licensed counselor who works with teens at the Behavioral Health Center for “Helping Your Teen Connect in a Crazy World Part 1” Facebook Live Event at 7 p.m. on Nov. 10 and “Helping Your Teen Connect in a Crazy World Part 2” Facebook Live Event at 7 p.m. on Nov. 17. The event is geared to help parents gain the skills they need to better communicate and connect with their children so they can maintain healthy relationships, build confidence and succeed. Learn more and submit your questions on the D91Proud Facebook Page.
- D91 Child Nutrition Programs: D91’s waiver to provide all students with free meals has been extended through the end of the school year or until funds run out. (Originally, this program was set to end on Dec. 31.) In addition:
- Students in K-8 can still order take-home meals for remote learning Fridays. Meals should be ordered on Tuesdays for pickup on Thursday afternoons. Orders can be placed through this Google Form: https://www.d91.k12.id.us/Content2/2452
- High school students can order take-home meals for their remote learning days by alerting the cafeteria cashier. They can pick up those meals after school.
- Any family, whether they have children enrolled in D91 or not, can pick up free meals for children ages 1 to 18 Monday through Friday from 9 to 9:30 am at Compass Academy and Skyline High School.
- Take-home meals will be available for the districtwide learning day on Nov. 3. Meals can be ordered using the link to the Google Form above.
- Take-home meals WILL NOT be available Thanksgiving Week.
Nov. 5th- Girl’s BB @ home vs Farnsworth 4:30
Nov. 7th – Wrestling JV invite@10:00
Nov. 10th –Girl’s BB@ home vs Shelley 4:30
Nov. 11th- Girl’s BB @ Rigby 4:30
Nov. 11th- Wrestling @home vs Mt.View 4:30
Nov. 12th-Wrestling @ home vs Rocky Mt. 4:30
Nov. 19th – Girl’s BB @ Mt.View 4:30
Nov. 23rd -27th _ Thanksgiving Break
Dec. 1st- Girl’s BB @Taylorview 4:30
Dec. 2nd- Girl’s BB @home vs Madison 4:30
Dec. 2nd-Wrestling @ Rigby 4:30
Dec. 3rd – Girl’s BB @ Black Canyon 4:30
Dec. 9th – Wrestling @Hobbs 4:30
Dec. 12th – Wrestling Upper Valley Meet 10:00
Dec. 21st- Jan. 1st – Christmas Break