Our transportation department takes pride in safely transporting our students to and from school each day. Our drivers transport approximately 3,300 students each school day and travel about 63,000 miles per month. The district has more than 50 drivers and 60 buses in its fleet. Please help us keep your children safe. Remind them that when traveling on a school bus, or waiting on at a bus stop, they should conduct themselves just as they would in a classroom.
Rules of Conduct:
The driver is in full charge of the bus and pupils. We will not tolerate any behaviors that prevent our drivers from carrying out their responsibilities, that intimidate others, or that prevent fellow passengers from having a safe ride to and from school. Pupils must obey requests of the driver promptly and willingly. Such requests may include, but are not limited to:
- Specific seat assignments
- Students assistance in keeping the bus clean
- Requiring students to maintain unobstructed aisles
- Maintaining proper conduct of students
Students Loading and Unloading:
- Enter bus with least possible confusion.
- If necessary to cross the road; cross 10 feet in front of bus and wait at the front of bus for driver’s signal before crossing traffic lane.
- Remain on the sidewalk (back from curb) until bus comes to a complete stop.
- No fighting, harassment, pushing, shoving, cutting in line.
- Student must be on time and should load and unload the bus only at assigned school and home bus stops.
- Students will identify themselves (name and address) if asked to do so by bus driver or any district employee.
- Students will ride their assigned bus route.
Riding the Bus:
- Follow driver’s requests promptly.
- Go directly to an available seat and remain seated; facing forward.
- Keep your hands, feet, and all other objects to yourself.
- No profane or inappropriate language or gestures. No harassment of any kind.
- No destruction of any property. Restitution must be paid and charges may be filed.
- No weapons of any kind will be allowed on a bus.
- Carry-on items will be limited to those items that can be held on rider’s lap.
- Food or drink will be allowed only with permission from the driver.
- No yelling, screaming, or loud talking on the bus.
- Any other misbehavior or disruption will not be tolerated.
Need more help?
Contact our staff.