Idaho Falls School District 91 is committed to creating student athletes in a competitive culture. Guide to District 91 Athletics
Our Sports Philosophy:
We believe the key to accomplishing this goal is:
- Encouraging and developing student athletes and providing sufficient opportunities for students to develop individual abilities.
- Encouraging the development of team spirit among all members of our teams and their coaches.
- Developing good attitudes of pride, sportsmanship, and ethical behavior in students, participants and spectators.
- Developing and maintaining good relationships between athletic teams and student bodies, faculties, administrators and the community.
- Teaching the fundamentals and techniques of each sport in a progressive sequence through developing programs for grades 7-12 through a coordinated effort.
Our Goals & Objectives for Our Sports Programs:
The goal of Idaho Falls School District 91's athletic programs is to develop student athletes in a competitive culture by:
- Providing activities that meet the needs of a variety of student interests and abilities.
- Fostering a culture committed to excellence and reaching the highest possible level of achievement.
- Providing value-based programs focused on good character.
- Promoting the understanding of the value of activities in the educational process.
- Promoting and representing a positive image of school activities.
- Providing opportunities for the student athlete to seek and achieve academic, athletic and personal potential.
- Providing and encouraging professional development for coaches through school district events/activities.
Parent Code of Conduct
A parent’s “Coaching Job” is the toughest one of all and takes a lot of effort. Sometimes in a desire to help your child, best intentions can end up being counterproductive. Applying the rules of Positive Sports Parenting can go a long way toward promoting sportsmanship and fostering an environment where your child can enjoy and excel in sports. Read More...
In accordance with Idaho Code Section 33-1625, District 91 follows the Idaho High School Activities Association's Identification and Management Strategies regarding concussions.